Part 5 of the Crystals and Herbs for… series. This time round it’s focusing on meditation.
- Aventurine (many thanks to Pagan Pair for this suggestion 🙂 ) – Aventurine is a stone of the imagination and creativity, and as such can enhance meditative experiences. It is also associated with the promotion of calm, compassion and perseverence, so if you struggle with meditation, aventurine may be of some use to you.
- Fluorite – often described as a stone of meditation, fluorite helps to bring about a meditative state and aids one in grasping abstract thoughts and feelings and grounding them in some context once the meditation is complete.
- Amethyst (of course!) – helps to calm the mind and relax the body, and improves connections and visualisations.
- Lavender – helps one to relax. This could help with improving the depth of the meditative state, but equally over do it and it might make you fall asleep!
- Sage – use especially when there is a specific purpose to your meditation, such as the search for answers to a question, and for insight or wisdom.
- Rosemary – will help improve your concentration and focus during a meditation, so use if you have a short attention span. It may also help improve the ability to recall information from a meditation.
Of course, this is only a small selection of the herbs and crystals out there that are associated with meditation. Others may resonate better with you.
Brightest Blessings ~*~)O(~*~
* Please note that I do not advocate the taking of any homemade herbal remedy unless you know what you are doing – this post only suggests uses for herbs in magic.