Continuing with the Crystals and Herbs theme…Crystals and Herbs for the Summer Solstice…
- Sunstone – the stone of the sun; this crystal seems to be self-explanatory in regards to its importance at Summer Solstice 😉 It is also used for invoking protection and increased levels of energy.
- Citrine – the colour of this stone and its solar attributes – optimism, vitality, strength and energy – make citrine perfect for use at Midsummer.
- Amber – depending on the specimen, it can be the colour of the sky at dawn, midday or dusk. It uses include that which is geared towards success, healing and joy.
- Basil – corresponds to the element of fire, and Litha is a fire festival, so its solar associations are strong at this time of year. It is also used for any psychic endeavours (especially fire divination), courage and purification.
- Coriander – is also associated with the element of fire, and the sun. Its magickal uses include fertility, protection and divination, all of which are areas associated with Litha.
- Herb Robert – is in actual fact considered a weed, but I think it is the loveliest of all the weeds, with its little pink flowers. However, the pungent ‘burning rubber’ smell of the leaves if rubbed, I could do without 🙂 This plant is often associated with the Fae, and seeing as though Midsummer is one of the times they are thought to be more noticeably active, well, you can see why I included it here…
Of course, this is only a small selection of the herbs and crystals that are associated with the Summer Solstice. Others may resonate better with you.
Brightest Blessings ~*~)O(~*~
* Please note that I do not advocate the taking of any homemade herbal remedy unless you know what you are doing – this post only suggests uses for herbs in magic.