So, tonight there will be a Blue Moon. A Blue Moon is the second full moon in one calendar month. The last one was a couple of years ago and the next one won’t be until 2015…So make this one count!
Of course, any way that you celebrate a full moon would be applicable tonight, but because a blue moon is rather special and its influence stronger, you might want to do something a little special to reflect that. Focus on the significant, important issues, but lets not forget that dreams and wishes are also valid tonight.
A few Witchy Ways to mark the Blue Moon:
- Focus on rituals that centre around dreams and ambitions, especially ones that you feel might be a long shot.
- Divination – asking the difficult questions tonight might help you find the answers and guidance you have been looking for.
- Ensure crystals and special jewellary or objects are left by a window overnight so that they are bathed in the light of the blue moon.
- Spend sometime outside under the gaze moon or even conduct a cleansing ritual outside in your back garden (if you are able).
- Meditation – A Blue Moon is a time to be inspired, so why not look within and connect with the creative part of you…Or do some work with your spirit guides, angels or ancestors…
What will I be doing tonight? I shall be spending sometime with the tarot cards methinks, conducting a little ritual or two and washing it down nicely with a glass of homemade berry cordial as I think about the future and what it might hold…mmm….
I would love to hear how others are marking tonight’s Blue Moon, if you are doing so…