I have been working hard (who hasn’t?) and doing many things recently that are well beyond the limits of my comfort zone. In a way, I am pleased with myself for trying to take these little extra steps (I am tremendously shy, bordering on introverted, which surprises many people). However, the downside is that I suffer from anxiety; I am naturally-inclined to worry about everything, and seeing as though I haven’t posted a Crystals and Herbs for…post for a while, I thought I would merge the two together.
- Chrysoprase is good for nervous anxiety; it is said to be able to stop you worrying about things you can’t change and is also used to guard against nightmares and that which prevents you from getting a good night’s sleep.
- Blue Calcite is a deeply calming crystal; it is said that it is is able to relieve tension, calm the nerves and settle anxiety.
- Any black stones, such as tourmaline, onyx, obsidian, etc, are good when attempting to combat anxiety. They have strong earthy energies, good for grounding and are the ultimate when trying to stop anxiety from getting out of control.
- Lavender is one of the best herbs to use when nerves are a little frayed, as it is regarded as a soothing, calming herb. Useful to help make one relax and unwind.
- Fennel is good for anxiety; it will also help relieve feelings of nausea.
- Lemon Balm is known for its abilities to help one relax and calm, and combined with other herbs, such as lavender, is used as an aid to sleep.
This is only a small selection of the herbs and crystals that are thought to be useful when trying to deal with anxiety. Others may resonate better with you.
Brightest Blessings ~*~)O(~*~
* Please note that I do not advocate the taking of any homemade herbal remedy unless you know what you are doing – this post only suggests uses for herbs in magic.